Thursday, January 1, 2015

Looking Forward to the Week

So needless to say this holiday season has been CRAZY!

4 Stomach Bugs resulting in missed Christmas
4 Family Christmases
Kidney Infection to ring in the new year.
Hysterectomy Recovery and Pulmonary Embolism recovery to bring in Thanksgiving

A wild and crazy 1 year old to keep things interesting, a whiny five year old who is going through a phase of not wanting to eat, and a bossy seven year old...

No, I really do love my children #mostdays.

On the bright side, Mike and I are venturing into the journey of actually committing to a budget, my kids in their own words, had the "best Christmas ever!", Michael was blessed beyond imagination with a nice bonus from work, we got to spend a lot of time together (even though we were sick), and I have had plenty of time to reflect on this year. 

It has been full of UPs and downs!

I left one job for another, got laid off from that job in unfortunate circumstances, I started the insane journey homeschool (and successfully survived the semester), we celebrated our children's 1st, 5th, and 7th (NOT OKAY) birthdays, and I completed another 15 hours of graduate school. 

Emily has grown so much this year, she is in 2t-3t clothes (She's sooo tall!), she talks, and jumps, and dances. This is one of my favorite times in children's lives. They just change and grown and are so much fun to watch.

Caleb has made huge strides in his speech and in school. We couldn't be prouder!

Jeremiah had a year full of mostly baseball, of which he loves and is so good at. He has become such a responsible, chill, sweet, affectionate young boy. I can't believe my original is grown so much and matured so much!

This year despite all the craziness has really been a year of revalations for me. I found my sister from another mother in Allison and have just been so blessed by that relationship and am a better person because of her and I formed a friendship with all of these ladies from church and couldn't have made it without them. We have prayed, laughed, cried, cheered, sung, and even cooked for each other. Their support has been amazing.

God has blessed my family and I immensely this year. I am excited to see what next year holds!



Next Week,
We go back to routine with school for both me and the boys and back to the daily grind. I am actually looking forward to daily routine to come back into play.

My meal plan for this week:
Tonight: Burgers
Friday:White Bean Turkey Chili
Saturday: Crockpot Seafood Paella
Sunday: Lemon Garlic Tilapia with Brown Rice and Asparagus
Monday: Herb Chicken Skillet with brown rice, spinach salad, and corn
Tuesday: Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesean
Wednesday: TACO NIGHT!!
Thursday: Black Bean Chicken Soup

I have class this week on Tuesdays and Thursdays
First Sunday of the year at church
We have baseball lessons tomorrow and one day next week

It should be a fun week!

Hope all have been blessed with a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment