Thursday, September 17, 2015

When the Devil tells us We're Unworthy

My day always starts out kind of crazy....

A screaming toddler, two hungry boys, and then the thoughts that bounce around my head like bumper cars...

Those thoughts usually go something like this: What are my plans today? Oh yeah I gotta go here or there....I wonder how much school I planned for the boys today ( yes I actually forget most of the time)...Oh yeah..food. 

But today the first thing I heard in my head caused a little break in my soul and it sounded something like this:

Who do you think you are, you are not a good mother, send them to school...your husband thinks you're the worst wife...your family thinks your a burden and bother why even try...you will never be good enough you should just go back to bed...

Do these thoughts sound familiar to anyone else? I hope not, because these are dark thoughts and they are not the thoughts that the Holy Spirit is sending you...they come from the father of lies. I struggle with these thoughts way more than I would ever care to admit to anyone, isn't it ironic that the thoughts that make us feel ashamed cause us further shame and guilt for feeling them...guilt and shame are a vicious cycle.

After I ran through them a couple of times...I stopped and I closed my eyes and just screamed in my head...NOT TODAY! Not to necessarily stop them, but it was more thing that I was thinking about and I don't have time to feel these things...

See just like so many women and girls and even men I know struggle with those words

Not Good Enough.

Unaccepted.

Undesirable.

Unworthy.

but then I heard it..the small still voice

Sweet girl, I know it's tough and I know life has been hard. People have let you down and made you feel less than, people you trust have made you feel ashamed for things out of your control

I promise you there is a plan and a purpose, I promise you that I have you in my hands and I hold you in my arms

You are my daughter, a princess, and I created you in my image... I forgave you for your past already, you need to forgive yourself and realize that you don't have to live with your head down or in fear of disappointing people, if they see you through my eyes they will love you just the way your are

I know that this life has not and is not easy, just hold on...

See the word of God says different

You are his beloved.

You are desired by the God of the Heavens.
.
Jesus took your shame and guilt with the cross.

He loves you.

In comparison to all of this, what does the world have to offer but guilt, shame, lies....

In Light of his love and sacrifice all these thoughts fade away.

So next time you hear Satan screaming in your head everything that is wrong with you...whisper back (or scream from the top of your lungs)...you hold no power over me...God's word is true and sharper than a double-edged sword and he says this about me...

For you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body -1 Cor. 6:20

The LORD will fulfill his purpoes for me; your steadfast love, oh LORD endures forever - Psalm 138:8

There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus- Romans 8:1

You knit me together in my mother's womb; I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:13-14

I can do all things through him who gives me strength- Philippians 4:13

I have died, but Christ lives in me. And I now live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave his life for me- Galations 2:20

Since you are honored and precious in my sight and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life. -Isaiah 43:4


No comments:

Post a Comment